Minnesota is the only state to host a winter tourism-themed scavenger hunt that encompasses a variety of destinations and attractions statewide. Checkpoint MN locations include a mix of unique sites that embody winter travel and can be found only in Minnesota, including:
1. Artist Point, Grand Marais
2. Historic Central School Marketplace, Grand Rapids
3. Walker Bay Lighthouse, Walker
4. The Baudette Depot, Baudette
5. Otto the Otter, Fergus Falls
6. Mount Ski Gull, Nisswa
7. Prince Mural at Chanhassen Cinema, Chanhassen
8. The Shops at West End, St. Louis Park
9. Swinging Footbridge at Alexander Ramsey Park, Redwood Falls
10. Silver Lake Park, Rochester
Each participant automatically earns a prize by reaching their first checkpoint. Travelers can find a map of the checkpoints, complete prize descriptions, rules and sponsorship details, participant photos and travel resources at CheckpointMN.com.
Participants will get real-time winter travel inspiration using these hashtags and are encouraged to follow @FergusFallsMN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, @exploreminnesota on Instagram and Facebook and @exploreminn on Twitter, and @CheckpointMN on Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win prizes. Participants can also create Snapchat selfies with fun filters at designated checkpoints until January 21.